Step 1: Prepare the printer
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone.
2. If your printer has a control screen, make sure Wi-Fi is turned on and the printer is connected to the network. Otherwise, see the printer's user manual for instructions on setting up the Wi-Fi connection.
Step 2: Download the HP Smart app
For Android and iOS smartphones, download the HP Smart app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Install the app on your smartphone and open it.
Step 3: Add the printer to the HP Smart app
1. Launch the HP Smart app and press the "+" button to add a new printer.
2. The app will search for available printers on your Wi-Fi network. Select your HP printer from the list of detected printers.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the printer setup. You may need to enter your Wi-Fi network password during this step.
Step 4: Print from your smartphone
Now that your HP printer is connected to your smartphone, you can print documents and photos directly from your phone. Open the HP Smart app, select the file you want to print, then press the "Print" button to start printing.